Title: Kitchen Manager
Reports to: Executive Kitchen Manager
Status: Full Time / Exempt
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for managing all functions of the restaurant during opening, mid or closing shifts. Key responsibilities include hiring, managing, supervising and training restaurant team members, ensuring a gold standard guest experience, ensuring the safety of our guests, team members and property, overseeing the quality of our food and beverage offerings, and preparing and modifying team member work schedules and food and beverage orders to ensure appropriate inventory. The Kitchen Manager is also responsible for assisting in achieving operational goals for the restaurant as set forth by the Home Office.
The position of Kitchen Manager is classified as exempt. As an exempt manager, the Kitchen Manager must spend more than 50% of his or her time performing managerial duties and must regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion on matters of consequence to the restaurant.
· A minimum of 2 years full service, high volume, casual dining restaurant management experience
· High personal integrity, professionalism and maturity
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Solid relationship management and performance management skills
· Ability to motivate and direct team members and work effectively in management team
· Strong understanding of BJ’s goals and objectives
· Good communication skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
· Strong writing and documentation skills
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
· Keen attention to detail
· Proven problem-solving abilities
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with an appropriate sense of urgency in a high-performance, fast paced environment
· Exceptional guest service orientation
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Ability to stand and walk around a restaurant to supervise operations for the duration of an 8-10 hour shift
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· Ability to bend, stoop, and raise arms above head on occasion
· Ability to speak, read and write English
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Team Member Testimonials
The training program at BJâ€™s requires initiative and I found that to be very motivating. I loved the unique opportunity to form relationships with my fellow managers right out of the gate because my training took place in my home restaurant.