Machinist - 2nd shift
|Job Category:||Manufacturing and Production|
|Employment Duration:||Full time|
Warren Pumps, a Colfax Company, located in Warren, MA is growing the second shift and is seeking a number of experience 2nd shift Machinists to join the team. Work hours are 2:30 PM - 10:30 PM, M - F, with overtime available during the week and weekends. I
n this exciting role you will perform a number of responsibilities, including the below -
1. Plan and perform rough and finish machining on a variety of machines both CNC and manual, boring, turning, facing, slotting, milling and internal/external grinding, drilling, counterboring and other machining operations on a variety of castings and parts, such as, cases and covers, bodies, cylinders, heads, bar stock and forgings etc., consisting of various metals, such as, steel, stainless steel, iron, bronze, monel, etc.
2. Setups, exacting and at times difficult and unusual requiring careful handling, blocking and the use of shims and supports to align part and to prevent springing. Locate work on table in relation to established references by use of dial indicator or other instruments. Fixtures provided where applicable. Determine proper operation sequence, select and set tools in cutting head assist programmers to optimize manufacturing processing of all parts.
3. Run multiple machines or operations simultaneously.
4. Must be able to run CNC machines, and be able to clearly understand program sequence and format, Setup and run new programs and parts, modify new and existing programs on the machine. Detect faulty operation and defective material, override speeds and feeds when necessary. Report defect and defective work to supervisor. Make corrections with offsets for tool wear, broken tools or casting variations to produce parts in conformance to drawings and specifications.
5. Occasionally assemble and set various boring, slotting and turning heads, special tool holders of adapters. Grind regular cutting tools and replace when dull. Select speeds and feeds according to type metal and finish specifications. Obtain proper alignment and avoid springing. Allow for adequate finish allowance.
6. Interpret drawings and plan work in proper operational sequence, Indicate work to detect and eliminate run-out.
7. Tolerances are close. Select feeds and speeds according to type of metal and finish requirements. Select and set tooling, remove and replace dull cutters. Determine proper operation sequence on multi-cut jobs. Maintain squareness and parallelism. Tolerances on grinding diameters, depths, squareness and parallelism are close requiring careful gauging.
8. As may be assigned, perform several specialized functions. Setup and operate machines for the various operations, select proper tooling, arbors, or other fixtures, perform appropriate operations to bring items to specified close tolerances. Use precision measuring devices to check parts during manufacturing process.
9. Participate in bench assembly operations as work load requires. Perform various grinding, deburring, tapping, tap burning, reaming, etc., to obtain proper fit, alignment and/or operation of items. Operate various hand tools, drill presses, riveting machine, tap burner, etc.
10, Remove burrs on all machined parts.
11. Perform various manual duties to hydrostatically test and to perform chipping and cleaning duties. Duties include sealing all openings, making required piping connections, applying required pressure, detecting leaks, and removing excess metal, such as, fins, spurs and surface defects from a variety of castings, using pneumatic chisel, hammer and chisel and portable grinder.
12. Follow casting contour and avoid undercutting or removal of necessary surfaces. Remove chips from castings. Use proper tools as instructed or provided.
13. Lubricate and perform minor maintenance functions.
14. Follow all safety rules, procedures and practices. Maintain work area in clean and orderly manner.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Colfax is an equal opportunity employer.